Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So, fly fisherman are only the nicest people ever...

Last friday I was walking around campus with my rod tube... don't ask why.  A faculty member approached me asking what type of rod it was, where I fish and if I was having luck.  I told him about the spot on the Shawsheen, that the rod was a 9' 5 weight and that I had yet to catch a fish, but that I met a guy who was getting hits on green woolly buggers.  He had somewhere to be so he wished me luck before heading off.  I already told you what happened during my sunday trip to the river, so I will finish the story to fully prove my point that fly fisherman are the model communistic society.  Today I ran into the same faculty member who asked me if I had any luck this week.  I told him about the dropper rig, but also that I hadn't had any luck.  He asked if I used any of the green woolly buggers, which I hadn't... I used and lost my last woolly bugger the trip before.  He asked what dorm I was in and after answering him he said he would drop off a few green woolly buggers to aid my case.  This is why fly fisherman form the model communist society (not saying that we are communist... I personally believe wholeheartedly in capitalism and have a whole theory on why it is more productive but that will be a long tangent), if the fish are biting on a fly that guy A has, but guy B doesn't have any of, almost unfailingly guy A offers him one of the successful flies if he has extras (at least this is the case from my experience).  No fly fisherman enjoys watching another one in frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment